This is a sub-blog of DelightfuLea Sweet.




Sunday, January 11, 2009

Crayon Cake


While she was learning her colours, Des would default everything to green if she didn't know what the color was, hence the green crayon! Des painted the Pooh Bear colouring page with dyed royal icing. 

The cake itself was Green Velvet (read: Red Velvet, but.. green!) and baked in a large can. I must say, I do not recommend baking cakes in tin cans - the heat distribution is all wrong and ends up producing not-so-leavened cakes. The tip was baked in an aluminum disposable pan which I molded into the shape I wanted. Again, not suggested - that part of the cake was a solid mass.
Somehow, the part of the cake served was actually good, lucky me!  
While I was assembling before the party, there was a big moment of "I can't do this. This sucks. $*@()!! Daaaann.. is it too late to go pick up some cakes from the store?" Dan, being excellent, promptly went out and procured some cakes. While he was gone I started to get very angry with myself for giving up and decided that there was no way Des's birthday cake would be from a store! Not after I've come so far!
So I finished it! BWAHAHAHAHA.. yeeeah...

Also, I made blue peanut butter ice cream and red mint fudge ice cream to be served with it -obviously a colour theme! I also wouldn't really suggest the heavily dyed ice cream...

2 comments:

K.A.J. said...

Hey what about my cake that was awesome.

Ammy Lea said...

Who is this... Ashley? So confused.

 
Hit Counters
page counter