This is a sub-blog of DelightfuLea Sweet.




Monday, October 6, 2008

The Pimply Butt

Here it is.. the post I've been waiting for... the PIMPLY BUTT CAKE!!

Now, truth be told, it's not for the faint of heart. But all in good fun. So, to be fair, I'll put a ton of space between this text and the rest of this post, so you can run away if you want to. Get ready for some gratuitious grossness.

Although any person that is even partially human won't be able to resist the urge to scroll down to see what I'm talking about!







































































Now wasn't that fun? All that scrolling?
Anyway. Erin's brithday was last week, she just turned 29 again, and wanted a cake "so gross no one will eat it" and so.. after some brainstorming we decided that a pimply butt just might be gross enough. Pimples that you could pop! Hair! Butt!

So I got an air brush, in anticipation of detail and skin tone (was the cake just a really good excuse for an airbrush? you decide).

So here we go. The cake it'self was red velvet. Within the cake I swirled cream cheese lumps (think flesh and fat). Between the cake layers was red cream cheese buttercream and rasperry preserves. (blood, duh)

The cake was carved to look much like, as one co-worker described it "a burn victem"



Next, ivory tinted fondant.


Now, this is where I took some white buttercream in a piping bag, injected it under the skin, and made some pimples in choice locations. Then, airbrushing added detail thoughout. And.. tada! A nasty-ass pimply butt cake!!
Some work needs to be done on my air-brushing skills and technique, as I had to take off the colour on half and do it over - which then made it look a little wonky.. but I'm still exceptionally please with the results. I'm quite proud of this monstrosity.






 
Hit Counters
page counter